Monday 14 May 2012

Sidney McLean- Crown Attorney

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this career. Sidney left me with mixed feelings about the idea of being a lawyer. I definitely think it would be an interesting career, and some of the cases would be fascinating especially in criminal law. She said it was a satisfying career many times, and I'm sure it would be! It would be incredibly rewarding to be the lawyer that makes a hard criminal spend time in jail.

Something I don't think I would enjoy about being a lawyer would be dealing with cases that were particularly gruesome. I would be too emotional to handle some of the cases, I'm sure. I guess there are other strands of law, like civil, but those don't interest me. Also, it would be really difficult to speak on the spot if something went different than expected in the courtroom. I feel like I would be caught off guard too easily, and wouldn't be able to do a good job convincing the jury or judge.

I'll have to keep thinking about this career, because I don't know exactly how I feel about it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment