Sunday 25 March 2012

Are We Good or Evil?

People are generally good. I think we are born with good hearts and know what is right and what is wrong. Even if people seem "evil", that is just one side of them, and there would surely be another side that is good.
From a young age, children are taught the difference between right and wrong and know what acceptable behaviour is. I think what we are taught as children sticks with us through the rest of our lives, and therefore we are generally good people. For the most part we are kind, caring people, who do the right thing. There definitely are people who can be mean, dishonest, and hurtful. We all know they exist, but there are sides of that person you haven't met before. Somewhere on the inside there is a part of them that knows what they are doing is wrong, and is a good person.
In my personal experience, I can hardly even think of a time where someone has been intentionally mean or nasty towards me. I can think of countless times though, where people have been supporting and genuinely cared about me, which means a lot. 

1 comment:

  1. This has actually really influenced my opinion on whether or not people are good or evil, I had such a strong opinion on why we are evil and I barely thought about the good things we do like the things you listed above! Well written morgo! (though i still think people are a tiny bit more evil ;) you know... environmentally speaking!)

    ReplyDelete