Saturday 28 April 2012

Which Party Would Get My Vote?


If I were old enough to vote, I would vote for the NDP. In class, when we were discussing the general opinions of the right and left wing parties, I found myself agreeing with the left wing ideas, generally. For example, I agree with their opinions on keeping abortion legal, encouraging immigration, avoiding a rich/poor gap in society, leaving religion separate from politics, and keeping same-sex marriage legal.

Also, the NDP's view in the environmental category is something I think would be really beneficial. The handout in class shows they want a tougher Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Polluter Pay Act, as well as a home retrofit plan to reduce energy consumption and cut home heating bills. I think the Polluter Pay Act would be really successful. If people were actually fined for polluting, it would have a drastic effect on the way we live our lives.

There are many things I agree with on the NDP platform, and in general we share most of the same views. That is why if I could vote, it would be for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment